Learn how the keychain works in Mac OS X. Learn what happens to the keychain when an administrator changes the password for another user, and what happens to the keychain when the password is changed for a user with the password reset feature of Mac OS X. Learn about hidden features within the Keychain Access application.
- View Offline
- Keychain has been an important part…of Mac OSX security for many versions…of the operating system and it is still today.…The Keychain Access program is located…inside of the Utilities folder.…If you double click on its icon, it launches.…And we get into it here.…So let's explain this interface,…because the interface itself is very well designed…and sort of explains the way Keychain works.…You see over here you have these Keychain items.…Each keychain controls a different domain…or a different level of access.…
You have the login keychain which is…directly tied to user who is logged in.…It is that user's keychain, filled with…that user's personal items.…There are Local Items, which are related to…the locality based in iCloud.…And there are System items that system-wide.…We also have System Routes which lists all…of the certificates, the route level certificates, that is,…that Apple devices will trust by default.…Which enables SSL security to work…kind of in the first place.…
Each of these certificates is the route certificate…
- Understanding the El Capitan system requirements
- Installing and configuring El Capitan
- Protecting user data
- Performing a partial or full-system recover with Time Machine
- Installing applications
- Managing application preferences
- Monitoring the system
- Configuring security
- Directory binding
- Troubleshooting problems
- Understanding Spotlight problems and how to fix them
- Collecting system information
Skill Level Intermediate
Mac OS X Yosemite Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 4m Appropriate for all
Mac OS X El Capitan Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 13m Appropriate for all
OS X Server Essential Training: El Capitan Editionwith Sean Colins3h 24m Intermediate
1. Assessing and Planning
Get the most for your money6m 49s
2. Installing and Configuring
CoreStorage in El Capitan4m 22s
3. Protecting User Data
4. Application Management
5. System Monitoring
7. Networking and Directory Integration
8. Troubleshooting Common Problems
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.