Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Keeping your operating system and applications up to date, part of Computer Literacy for Mac.
- An important part of making sure your computer and…its programs continue to run smoothly is to…periodically check for and install updates to your…Operating System or Applications.…Apple frequently releases updates to the Mac…Operating System, often fixing bugs and…adding new features.…Similarly, software developers also release updates…to their programs for the same reasons.…But how do you keep track of these updates to…know when they're released?…The answer depends on how you acquired the software.…If you purchased the software online through…the Mac App Store you can check for updates…by returning to the Mac App Store.…
Click the Apple Menu, and choose App Store.…Then select Updates at the top of the screen.…Any available updates to both your system's software…and Apps you've installed will appear here.…You can see in this case I have a ystem software update…and an iMove update.…You can click the More Links in each update…to read about the changes, fixes and features…that the update will provide.…In some cases running an update will require you…
Note: This course was recorded on Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite. To upgrade to Yosemite before you begin, watch "Installing and running Mac OS X 10.10 for the first time."
- Working with a laptop versus a desktop computer
- Understanding the five traits almost all applications share in Mac OS X
- Printing on a Mac computer
- Setting up a scanner
- Connecting to the Internet
- Sending and receiving email
- Searching the Internet
- Importing and editing images from a digital camera
- Sharing files
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 7: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow8h 21m Appropriate for all
Mac OS X Yosemite Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 4m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Computers
2. Introduction to Operating Systems
3. Introduction to Software and Applications
4. Introduction to Computer Peripherals
5. Introduction to Networks and Getting Online
6. Introduction to Email
7. Introduction to Internet Searching
8. Introduction to Word Processing and Spreadsheets
9. Introduction to Photo and Image Management
10. Introduction to Sharing Files
What's next?1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.