Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Keeping your Mac up to date, part of Learning Mac OS X Mountain Lion.
Periodically, Apple, as well as other software manufacturers, will release …software updates to their programs. Sometimes to fix bugs, and other times to …add features or improve performance. In my experience, it's usually a good …idea to run these updates as they are released. …So that your computer continues to run efficiently and in a stable manner. …Now in Mountain Lion, there's actually a couple of ways you can check to see if …there's any updates available for you software. …One of the obvious ways is down here in your dock.…
You're going to notice that on my App Store icon, I have a small badge …indicating a number 1. And that's really telling me I have one …software update on my computer. So, I could click on the App Store icon …to launch the app store. The other way is to come up here to your …Apple menu and choose Software Update. And it's really going to do the same thing. …You'll notice that down here, the App Store is open as indicated by the small …Icon underneath. But you'll also notice that it …
- Installing Mountain Lion
- Creating and logging in to a user account
- Setting parental controls
- Customizing the Finder window toolbar
- Sharing files between users
- Browsing the web with Safari
- Sending and receiving email
- Installing applications
- Using Reminders, Notes, Messages, and the Notification Center
- Backing up and restoring files with Time Machine
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Mac OS X Mountain Lion Essential Trainingwith Christopher Breen6h Appropriate for all
iOS 6: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow7h 46m Appropriate for all
1. Exploring Mountain Lion
2. Installing Mountain Lion
3. User Accounts
4. Getting to Know the Mac OS
5. Browsing the Web with Safari
6. Sending and Receiving Email with Apple Mail
7. Useful Mountain Lion Applications
8. Major Mountain Lion New Features
9. Preparing for the Worst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.