Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing applications, part of Learning Mac OS X Mountain Lion.
Although Mountain Lion ships with a bunch of great and useful applications, there …will be times when you'll need to install specialized applications to meet a …particular need. Basically, there are two ways to install …applications in Mountain Lion. You can purchase and install apps from …the App Store. And then you can also download …applications from other websites and install them as well. …Let's take a look at both of these methods. …I'm going to start by launching the App Store on my computer. …So I can do that right down here in the dock.…
But I can also come up here to the Apple menu and choose App Store here, whichever …method you prefer. So I'm going to open the App Store. …And in order to purchase items from the App Store, even if they're free, you do …need to sign in up here under the Store menu with your Apple ID. …So if you don't have an Apple ID yet, go ahead and create one, and then you can …proceed as follows. So I'm going to go ahead and come up here …into the Search field, and I'm going to do a search for Kindle. …
- Installing Mountain Lion
- Creating and logging in to a user account
- Setting parental controls
- Customizing the Finder window toolbar
- Sharing files between users
- Browsing the web with Safari
- Sending and receiving email
- Installing applications
- Using Reminders, Notes, Messages, and the Notification Center
- Backing up and restoring files with Time Machine
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Mac OS X Mountain Lion Essential Trainingwith Christopher Breen6h Appropriate for all
iOS 6: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow7h 46m Appropriate for all
1. Exploring Mountain Lion
2. Installing Mountain Lion
3. User Accounts
4. Getting to Know the Mac OS
5. Browsing the Web with Safari
6. Sending and Receiving Email with Apple Mail
7. Useful Mountain Lion Applications
8. Major Mountain Lion New Features
9. Preparing for the Worst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.