Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing images from a digital camera, part of Computer Literacy for Mac.
- If you're like most people today,…you have a digital camera.…And if you have a digital camera,…you need to store and manage your…ever-growing collection of photos on your Mac.…Now, this could be as simple as copying the photos…off your camera's memory card and keeping them…in your Pictures folder, but that's probably…not the best plan for organizing your photos,…especially if you shoot a lot of pictures.…Since you're using a Mac, the natural choice…for photo management software would be iPhoto,…and all new Macs in recent years have come…with iPhoto, so there's a good chance…you have a copy of it on your computer.…But just in case you don't have it,…in this movie I'm gonna show you how…to import photos from your camera…both through iPhoto and with Image Capture,…another application that comes with all Macs.…
Let's start by opening Image Capture,…which is located in your Applications folder.…And now I'll plug in the memory card…for my camera into my Mac's USB port.…Depending on your camera and memory card,…you might plug the camera itself in by USB,…
Note: This course was recorded on Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite. To upgrade to Yosemite before you begin, watch "Installing and running Mac OS X 10.10 for the first time."
- Working with a laptop versus a desktop computer
- Understanding the five traits almost all applications share in Mac OS X
- Printing on a Mac computer
- Setting up a scanner
- Connecting to the Internet
- Sending and receiving email
- Searching the Internet
- Importing and editing images from a digital camera
- Sharing files
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 7: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow8h 21m Appropriate for all
Mac OS X Yosemite Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 4m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Computers
2. Introduction to Operating Systems
3. Introduction to Software and Applications
4. Introduction to Computer Peripherals
5. Introduction to Networks and Getting Online
6. Introduction to Email
7. Introduction to Internet Searching
8. Introduction to Word Processing and Spreadsheets
9. Introduction to Photo and Image Management
10. Introduction to Sharing Files
What's next?1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.