Learn why Mac OS X is no longer immune to the viruses and malware that attack computers. Understand the new responsibilities of systems administrators now that Apple is the largest computer company in the world. See how viruses make it onto systems and learn about the tools available to combat these problems. Plus, find out about scripts and other potential threats.
- We've already had occasion to talk about malware…in this course, but I wanted to dedicate an entire movie…to talking about the problem…that is really just sort of newly a problem on Macs.…We're going to open up Safari,…as Safari and Mail are the two most common attack vectors…from a malware standpoint,…and not just Safari, really.…I'm talking about web browsing in general.…But here we are in Safari,…and if we go to a popular search engine, let's say this one,…and we were to type in something like...…
something like that,…clearly you're going to get some ads up front,…but you're going to also see that there are a large number…of magazine or publisher-based articles…on this subject.…All of the big names are represented here.…I'm not going to read them out loud,…but you can all see them.…The reason why I am not going to recommend any…in particular antivirus or malware solution…for the Mac is because they change.…This is a changing landscape,…and it is something that you're going to have…to stay on top of really, really constantly.…
- Understanding the El Capitan system requirements
- Installing and configuring El Capitan
- Protecting user data
- Performing a partial or full-system recover with Time Machine
- Installing applications
- Managing application preferences
- Monitoring the system
- Configuring security
- Directory binding
- Troubleshooting problems
- Understanding Spotlight problems and how to fix them
- Collecting system information
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Assessing and Planning
Get the most for your money6m 49s
2. Installing and Configuring
CoreStorage in El Capitan4m 22s
3. Protecting User Data
4. Application Management
5. System Monitoring
7. Networking and Directory Integration
8. Troubleshooting Common Problems
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.