Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video How to get Mountain Lion, part of Learning Mac OS X Mountain Lion.
Obtaining Mountain Lion itself is a somewhat unique process. …You see, you can't actually got to the store and purchase Mountain Lion. …That's right. It's not actually available in brick and …mortar Apple stores. Instead, Mountain Lion can only be …purchased by going to the Apple App Store. …The App Store is an online marketplace where Mac users can purchase software, …not only from Apple, but from a host of other companies as well. …In the case of Mountain Lion, the only way to purchase the software, is to do so …from the online App Store. What makes the App Store so appealing, is …that all of your purchases made on the App Store are saved, and can be …redownloaded with a click of a button in the future.…
Let's take a look at how to do this. So on my computer, I'm going to access …the app store by coming up here to the Apple menu. …And I'm going to choose App Store from the list. …Now, this is going to open up the App Store application. …And you can open up this window if you wish, so you can see this a little bit better. …
- Installing Mountain Lion
- Creating and logging in to a user account
- Setting parental controls
- Customizing the Finder window toolbar
- Sharing files between users
- Browsing the web with Safari
- Sending and receiving email
- Installing applications
- Using Reminders, Notes, Messages, and the Notification Center
- Backing up and restoring files with Time Machine
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Mac OS X Mountain Lion Essential Trainingwith Christopher Breen6h Appropriate for all
iOS 6: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow7h 42m Appropriate for all
1. Exploring Mountain Lion
2. Installing Mountain Lion
3. User Accounts
4. Getting to Know the Mac OS
5. Browsing the Web with Safari
6. Sending and Receiving Email with Apple Mail
7. Useful Mountain Lion Applications
8. Major Mountain Lion New Features
9. Preparing for the Worst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.