Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video The Home folder, part of Up and Running with Mac OS X Mountain Lion.
One of the important concepts that users of a multi-user computer need to …understand, is that of the home folder. A home folder is automatically created …through each user of the computer. And the home folder is each person's …storage location for various files and folders that only that person has access to. …So as a user is working on the computer while logged into their account, the home …folder is where they will store all of their information. …So to begin I'm going to come up here to the File menu within the Finder, and I'm …going to choose New Finder Window. And if you look over here on the side …bar, you'll see a number of different folders, but you should also see a folder …that has a little house icon next to it. And that is the home folder.…
Now, if you don't see that icon in your side bar, what you can do is come up here …to the Finder menu, go to Preferences, and then click on the Side Bar icon. …Make sure that at the bottom, that your User Folder is clicked within that …window, and then you can close that, and that should make your home folder show up. …
- Installing Mountain Lion
- Creating and logging in to a user account
- Setting parental controls
- Customizing the Finder window toolbar
- Sharing files between users
- Browsing the web with Safari
- Sending and receiving email
- Installing applications
- Using Reminders, Notes, Messages, and the Notification Center
- Backing up and restoring files with Time Machine
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Mac OS X Mountain Lion Essential Trainingwith Christopher Breen6h Appropriate for all
iPhone and iPod touch iOS 6 Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow7h 46m Appropriate for all
1. Exploring Mountain Lion
2. Installing Mountain Lion
3. User Accounts
4. Getting to Know the Mac OS
5. Browsing the Web with Safari
6. Sending and Receiving Email with Apple Mail
7. Useful Mountain Lion Applications
8. Major Mountain Lion New Features
9. Preparing for the Worst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.