Learn how application load can affect recommended operating requirements. Sean uses his experience to guide administrators through the best possible configuration options for a Mac, based on their organizational needs. He also explores the Apple online store and discusses which configuration options make a difference and which one don't in a system configuration plan.
- If you are responsible for purchasing Macs…for various departments,…there are some things that you should know going into it…that I think are basic knowledge,…but a lot of people don't really understand.…And I wanted to go through them now.…I'm going to start by comparing…a couple of different iMac configurations.…Come over here, click on iMac,…when you do, you'll get into their product page for iMac,…and you come over here and you click on Buy.…For those of you from the old world…where we used to have store.apple.com,…that went away a while back…and now it's been replaced by individual…store areas by product.…
This does make it easier for you to find things…by shopping for what you're looking for,…so I think this is good.…I'm going to scroll all the way down here…to the 27-inch iMac with Retina 5K display area…and by the time you're watching this title,…it is very possible that what I'm looking at…will be completely different…from what's available on your store.…Don't worry about it,…the principles I'm going to talk about here…
- Understanding the El Capitan system requirements
- Installing and configuring El Capitan
- Protecting user data
- Performing a partial or full-system recover with Time Machine
- Installing applications
- Managing application preferences
- Monitoring the system
- Configuring security
- Directory binding
- Troubleshooting problems
- Understanding Spotlight problems and how to fix them
- Collecting system information
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Assessing and Planning
Get the most for your money6m 49s
2. Installing and Configuring
CoreStorage in El Capitan4m 22s
3. Protecting User Data
4. Application Management
5. System Monitoring
7. Networking and Directory Integration
8. Troubleshooting Common Problems
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.