To retrieve additional information about a folder, file, or even a drive on a Windows PC we would access the Properties feature. On a Mac computer, the equivelent to Properties is Get Info. In this movie you will use a variety of methods to access Get Info for various types of files, folders, and drives to not only view properties, but to adjust them as well.
- [Voiceover] When you want to get more info…about a file, a folder,…maybe a drive for example,…on a Windows computer,…typically you'll go to that item,…right-click, and from the popup menu, select Properties,…which is usually found at the very bottom of that menu.…Here on a Mac, it's called Get Info…and it's even more powerful than the properties feature…on a Windows computer.…So let's take a look at it now,…beginning with some files.…Now, if you have the exercise files,…just double-click the folder to open it up,…double-click the Chapter 3 folder…because we have a nice variety of files here to choose from.…
Next, we're going to go to the first one here,…the pages document, and if we want to,…we can stretch out these columns…so we can see more of the name.…We already have some information showing up…in this list view, like the date it was modified,…the size, the type of file.…But we can go to a file like…alice_with_graphics4…it's a Pages document,…there's the extension,…and with it selected go up to File and choose Get Info.…
- Using the keyboard and gestures
- Exploring the desktop, Apple menu, Finder, and dock
- Finding files and folders
- Locating files with Spotlight
- Launching and quitting applications
- Task switching with Mission Control
- Transferring files from Windows to Mac
- Transferring mail and address books
- Connecting printers, cameras, and Bluetooth devices
- Getting online
- Adjusting settings in System Preferences
- Getting the best free apps from the App Store
Skill Level Intermediate
Mac OS X El Capitan Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 13m Appropriate for all
Office for Mac 2016 New Featureswith David Rivers1h 31m Beginner
1. Navigate the Mac
2. The Mac Interface
3. Work with Files and Folders
4. Search on the Mac
5. Work with Applications on the Mac
6. Moving Day
7. Hardware on the Mac
8. Get Online with Your Mac
9. Set System Preferences
10. Top 5 Free Mac Apps
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.