With an increase in popularity of touch screens which use gestures for navigating and performing tasks, Mac computers have carried this functionality over to trackpads and even the mouse. In this movie you will know how to use gestures on a trackpad and a magic mouse to navigate open windows and perform tasks such as scrolling and zooming.
- [Voiceover] If you're coming from a Windows computer…that had a touchscreen…or maybe you've worked with tablets and smartphones,…you're already familiar with how gestures might work.…Here on a Mac we're going to explore deeper…how gesturing will work with…things like a Magic Mouse.…We touched on it in the previous movie.…As well as something called a trackpad,…which is built into many of the laptop computers…here on the Mac side,…as well as trackpads that can be connected…to your Mac computer, such an iMac for example.…
That's what I have and that's the easiest way…to show you these gestures…is to go to Apple menu.…Give it a click.…Go to System Preferences, click there.…If you have a trackpad,…whether it be on a laptop or connected to your Mac,…you'll see an option here…to access those Systems Preferences.…Give it a click if you have it to follow along with me.…We'll start up here with Point & Click options.…Anything that's checked off, obviously is enabled,…like Tap to click.…Tapping with one finger is the same as…
- Using the keyboard and gestures
- Exploring the desktop, Apple menu, Finder, and dock
- Finding files and folders
- Locating files with Spotlight
- Launching and quitting applications
- Task switching with Mission Control
- Transferring files from Windows to Mac
- Transferring mail and address books
- Connecting printers, cameras, and Bluetooth devices
- Getting online
- Adjusting settings in System Preferences
- Getting the best free apps from the App Store
Skill Level Intermediate
Mac OS X El Capitan Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 13m Appropriate for all
Office for Mac 2016 New Featureswith David Rivers1h 31m Beginner
1. Navigate the Mac
2. The Mac Interface
3. Work with Files and Folders
4. Search on the Mac
5. Work with Applications on the Mac
6. Moving Day
7. Hardware on the Mac
8. Get Online with Your Mac
9. Set System Preferences
10. Top 5 Free Mac Apps
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.