Learn the value of Gatekeeper in Mac OS X. Understand what Gatekeeper is, and why Apple enforces it. Learn the ways developers create their products to work properly with Gatekeeper. Find out how to detect applications to avoid some that do not work properly with Gatekeeper, and why some applications can be trusted even though Gatekeeper doesn't trust them.
- In the previous movie,…we talked about the application level firewall,…and in this movie,…we're going to go back to security and privacy,…and we're going to go to the general tab…to talk about the gatekeeper feature set.…So again, because we're going into security and privacy,…it will ask us for a username and password.…Go ahead and put in your admin password.…And you'll note here that allow apps downloaded from…gives you 3 choices.…Those choices are to allow apps…that come from the Mac App Store only.…
This is the most restrictive of the 3 choices…and only, obviously, allows anything…that is coming from the Mac App Store.…This is the safest way to go…because you know that all of the apps…coming from the App Store are vetted by Apple…and have to be signed by a developer certificate…authored by Apple and verified by Apple.…So this is very, very safe.…The second choice is Mac App Store…and identified developers,…and this is the default for El Capitan.…The downside to this…is that identified developers are not delivering…
- Understanding the El Capitan system requirements
- Installing and configuring El Capitan
- Protecting user data
- Performing a partial or full-system recover with Time Machine
- Installing applications
- Managing application preferences
- Monitoring the system
- Configuring security
- Directory binding
- Troubleshooting problems
- Understanding Spotlight problems and how to fix them
- Collecting system information
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Assessing and Planning
Get the most for your money6m 49s
2. Installing and Configuring
CoreStorage in El Capitan4m 22s
3. Protecting User Data
4. Application Management
5. System Monitoring
7. Networking and Directory Integration
8. Troubleshooting Common Problems
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.