Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Formatting text, part of Computer Literacy for Mac.
- Now, let's take a look at how to format text…you've entered into a word processor.…By formatting, I'm referring to the task…of changing the appearance of paragraphs, sentences,…words, or even individual letters…in your word processing document.…For this exercise, I've copied the file,…08_02_Current Policy.rtf, to my desktop,…and I'm going to open that in Microsoft Word…by dragging the file to the Word icon in my Dock.…If you don't have Word and you want to follow along,…you can use TextEdit, which, again, is…a free basic word processor…found in your Applications folder.…Everything I'll show you here does apply…to other word processing programs, as well.…
When it comes to formatting text,…all word processors follow the universal role…that the item you want to format must be selected…in order for it to be changed.…Selecting text usually means taking your mouse cursor,…clicking down, and dragging across the text…you want to select.…This is also referred to as highlighting the text.…That tells the word processor that you want…
Note: This course was recorded on Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite. To upgrade to Yosemite before you begin, watch "Installing and running Mac OS X 10.10 for the first time."
- Working with a laptop versus a desktop computer
- Understanding the five traits almost all applications share in Mac OS X
- Printing on a Mac computer
- Setting up a scanner
- Connecting to the Internet
- Sending and receiving email
- Searching the Internet
- Importing and editing images from a digital camera
- Sharing files
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 7: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow8h 21m Appropriate for all
Mac OS X Yosemite Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 4m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Computers
2. Introduction to Operating Systems
3. Introduction to Software and Applications
4. Introduction to Computer Peripherals
5. Introduction to Networks and Getting Online
6. Introduction to Email
7. Introduction to Internet Searching
8. Introduction to Word Processing and Spreadsheets
9. Introduction to Photo and Image Management
10. Introduction to Sharing Files
What's next?1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.