Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Five things that work in all applications, part of Computer Literacy for Mac.
- Every software application has a learning curve.…Some applications are easier to use…and understand than others,…but what you're going to find…as you become more experienced…with computers and software…is that nearly all applications…have features or controls in common with each other.…If you're a novice with computers at the moment,…you've probably wondered how more experienced users…can just sit down and start being…productive with applications they've never used before.…Yes, talent and aptitude for computers…can be significant contributors,…but what seasoned computer users know…is that most applications have basic things in common,…and they know where to look for the commands…that will allow them to preform the tasks…they want to accomplish,…so in this video I want to go over five features…that appear in and work the same in nearly all applications.…
The first feature is the File Menu.…Here's some screenshots of the File Menu…from several different applications.…Just about every application has a file menu,…
Note: This course was recorded on Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite. To upgrade to Yosemite before you begin, watch "Installing and running Mac OS X 10.10 for the first time."
- Working with a laptop versus a desktop computer
- Understanding the five traits almost all applications share in Mac OS X
- Printing on a Mac computer
- Setting up a scanner
- Connecting to the Internet
- Sending and receiving email
- Searching the Internet
- Importing and editing images from a digital camera
- Sharing files
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 7: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow8h 21m Appropriate for all
Mac OS X Yosemite Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 4m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Computers
2. Introduction to Operating Systems
3. Introduction to Software and Applications
4. Introduction to Computer Peripherals
5. Introduction to Networks and Getting Online
6. Introduction to Email
7. Introduction to Internet Searching
8. Introduction to Word Processing and Spreadsheets
9. Introduction to Photo and Image Management
10. Introduction to Sharing Files
What's next?1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.