Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video The Finder, part of Up and Running with Mac OS X Mountain Lion.
The Finder in Mountain Lion, quite honestly is where you'll spend a large …majority of your time when working on a Mac. …The Finder is the primary method that you'll use to interact with the Mac …operating system. It's where you will manage your files, …navigate to different locations on your computer, connect the servers, mount …external hard drives and many other things. …The Finder is the GUI or graphical user interface that makes working on a Mac …such a great experience. So it makes sense to get familiar and …comfortable with the Finder right away. So as you can see on my screen, the …Finder is broken up into a couple of main areas but essentially, where the rubber …meets the road, this area that we're working with here is the Finder.…
And although this is often referred to as the desktop it's also one of the main …areas that the Finder is used. Now the Finder is indicated right up here …for the current application that's being used. …And we can see that the word Finder is displayed, indicating that that's the …
- Installing Mountain Lion
- Creating and logging in to a user account
- Setting parental controls
- Customizing the Finder window toolbar
- Sharing files between users
- Browsing the web with Safari
- Sending and receiving email
- Installing applications
- Using Reminders, Notes, Messages, and the Notification Center
- Backing up and restoring files with Time Machine
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Mac OS X Mountain Lion Essential Trainingwith Christopher Breen6h Appropriate for all
iPhone and iPod touch iOS 6 Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow7h 46m Appropriate for all
1. Exploring Mountain Lion
2. Installing Mountain Lion
3. User Accounts
4. Getting to Know the Mac OS
5. Browsing the Web with Safari
6. Sending and Receiving Email with Apple Mail
7. Useful Mountain Lion Applications
8. Major Mountain Lion New Features
9. Preparing for the Worst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.