Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Finder windows, part of Learning Mac OS X Mountain Lion.
In Mountain Lion, Finder windows are used to navigate your computer for files and …folders and allow you to move and copy files as well. …Let's take a look at how to use Finder windows. …I'm beginning this video in the Finder and I have no windows open at this point …in time. To open up a Finder window, I'm just …going to go to the File menu and I'm going to Choose New Finder Window. …This is going to open up a Finder window. And you're going to notice that a Finder …window is broken up into a couple of main areas.…
This main portion of the window, where we see the files and folders, is what you're …going to be looking at and using quite a bit. …In addition at the top of every Finder window. …You have what's called the toolbar. And the toolbar provides icons that …provide quick access to files on your computer. …Over here on the left hand side, we have what's called the sidebar. …The sidebar allows you to access commonly used folders quickly and easily, and it …also allows you to access shared volumes as well as devices that you have loaded …
- Installing Mountain Lion
- Creating and logging in to a user account
- Setting parental controls
- Customizing the Finder window toolbar
- Sharing files between users
- Browsing the web with Safari
- Sending and receiving email
- Installing applications
- Using Reminders, Notes, Messages, and the Notification Center
- Backing up and restoring files with Time Machine
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Mac OS X Mountain Lion Essential Trainingwith Christopher Breen6h Appropriate for all
iOS 6: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow7h 42m Appropriate for all
1. Exploring Mountain Lion
2. Installing Mountain Lion
3. User Accounts
4. Getting to Know the Mac OS
5. Browsing the Web with Safari
6. Sending and Receiving Email with Apple Mail
7. Useful Mountain Lion Applications
8. Major Mountain Lion New Features
9. Preparing for the Worst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.