Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Finder preferences, part of Learning Mac OS X Mountain Lion.
The Finder itself can be customized to meet your needs and the way that you work. …They essentially control some elements about how the Finder behaves when you're …using the Finder. Let's take a look. …To get started, I'm going to go to the File menu, and just open up a new Finder …window so that we have something to look at. …And to control the preferences of the Finder, we simply go to the Finder menu …and we choose Preferences. Now, the way that preferences work in the …Finder is they're really categorized into four different categories up here at the top.…
So let's start from the left-hand side. We're going to go to the General category. …Now, this first section controls what is shown on the Desktop in these four categories. …So, the question becomes, do we want to show all of our hard drives on the desktop? …If I turn that on, you'll notice that my hard drive now appears on the Desktop, as …well as all the other hard drives that I have on my computer. …So, as you can see, this really takes up a lot of real estate, so that's why I …
- Installing Mountain Lion
- Creating and logging in to a user account
- Setting parental controls
- Customizing the Finder window toolbar
- Sharing files between users
- Browsing the web with Safari
- Sending and receiving email
- Installing applications
- Using Reminders, Notes, Messages, and the Notification Center
- Backing up and restoring files with Time Machine
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Mac OS X Mountain Lion Essential Trainingwith Christopher Breen6h Appropriate for all
iOS 6: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow7h 46m Appropriate for all
1. Exploring Mountain Lion
2. Installing Mountain Lion
3. User Accounts
4. Getting to Know the Mac OS
5. Browsing the Web with Safari
6. Sending and Receiving Email with Apple Mail
7. Useful Mountain Lion Applications
8. Major Mountain Lion New Features
9. Preparing for the Worst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.