Learn how Apple Device Enrollment Program (DEP) enables zero-touch deployment of Macs. Learn what DEP enrollment is. Learn how computers become a part of a DEP account and the unique purchase methods supported by DEP. Understand the conceptual shift from MCX management (or managed clients for OS X management) to mobile device management (MDM).
- Enrolling in Apple's DEP, or Device…Enrollment Program, is an important component…to an institutional one-to-one program.…DEP and VPP, or the Volume Purchase Program,…can be used together to create a powerful…zero-touch Apple device deployment solution.…Zero-touch refers to your ability to take a device…that is still in the shrink wrap from Apple,…hand it to a user, and allow them…the fun of opening up the package,…giving that user a greater sense of ownership…and responsibility for the equipment.…
This improves the user's experience,…and may increase their attention…and care of the device as they use it.…MDM depends on an SSL trust hierarchy…that provides verification of the server's identity,…as well as encryption of the contents of…communication between server and client.…This trust relationship allows client systems…to receive instructions in the form of profiles…about features, settings, and even…the installation of applications and books,…pushed directly from the MDM server.…
DEP is the technology responsible for that…
- Understanding the El Capitan system requirements
- Installing and configuring El Capitan
- Protecting user data
- Performing a partial or full-system recover with Time Machine
- Installing applications
- Managing application preferences
- Monitoring the system
- Configuring security
- Directory binding
- Troubleshooting problems
- Understanding Spotlight problems and how to fix them
- Collecting system information
Skill Level Intermediate
Mac OS X Yosemite Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 4m Appropriate for all
Mac OS X El Capitan Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 13m Appropriate for all
OS X Server Essential Training: El Capitan Editionwith Sean Colins3h 24m Intermediate
1. Assessing and Planning
Get the most for your money6m 49s
2. Installing and Configuring
CoreStorage in El Capitan4m 22s
3. Protecting User Data
4. Application Management
5. System Monitoring
7. Networking and Directory Integration
8. Troubleshooting Common Problems
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.