Quite often on a Mac computer, you will need more than one player to play different types of media files. Elmedia Player is a media player that can play virtually all types of media files, whether audio or video files. In this movie, you will know how to find Elmedia Player on the App store to download and install it, and then use it to play both audio and video files.
- [Voiceover] Remember when I first switched…from a Windows PC to a Mac,…there was one little thing that bothered me…just a little bit, and that was…when it came to playing media files.…To play an MP3 file, I automatically…was launched into iTunes to play from there.…To open up a QuickTime movie file, .mov file,…there was a QuickTime player.…And then if I had other types of media files…like MP4 files, for example, I needed…another player for those.…Well, there is a free app that will…play virtually everything for you,…all from one player.…
It's called Elmedia.…We're gonna take a look at it now…by clicking the Apple Menu and selecting App Store.…And in the search field up here,…just type in Elmedia and press Return.…What we're looking for is the…Elmedia free video player.…And just give it a click to get a little bit…of information about the types of formats you can play.…Both video and audio files played in the same player.…Look at all the different formats listed here.…And if you like this, it is free.…
You can click the Get button which turns into…
- Using the keyboard and gestures
- Exploring the desktop, Apple menu, Finder, and dock
- Finding files and folders
- Locating files with Spotlight
- Launching and quitting applications
- Task switching with Mission Control
- Transferring files from Windows to Mac
- Transferring mail and address books
- Connecting printers, cameras, and Bluetooth devices
- Getting online
- Adjusting settings in System Preferences
- Getting the best free apps from the App Store
Skill Level Intermediate
Mac OS X El Capitan Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 13m Appropriate for all
Office for Mac 2016 New Featureswith David Rivers1h 31m Beginner
1. Navigate the Mac
2. The Mac Interface
3. Work with Files and Folders
4. Search on the Mac
5. Work with Applications on the Mac
6. Moving Day
7. Hardware on the Mac
8. Get Online with Your Mac
9. Set System Preferences
10. Top 5 Free Mac Apps
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.