Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Dealing with spam, part of Computer Literacy for Mac.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- As anyone who has used e-mail…for any length of time knows,…one of the biggest hassles and headaches of e-mail…is dealing with Junk mail or Spam, as it's also known.…In this video I wanna go over a couple of tips…you can use to avoid and manage your Junk mail.…Now pretty much all e-mail clients have built in…Junk mail filters these days.…In Mac OS X Mail for example, you go to Preferences,…and here at the top select Junk mail…and enable Junk mail filtering.…If one hasn't been created already,…that will create a Junk mail folder.…And here in Preferences you can tell Mail to automatically…move e-mails it determines are Junk…into the Junk mailbox.…
Alternately you can tell it to just mark mail as Junk…leave it in your Inbox and you can choose to move…it into the Junk folder after reviewing it.…I'll leave Move it to the Junk mailbox.…Now Mail's Junk filter is a learning filter.…So if I go in to the Junk mailbox and I see a…message here that I determine is not really Junk,…I can just come over here and click Not Junk.…
Note: This course was recorded on Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite. To upgrade to Yosemite before you begin, watch "Installing and running Mac OS X 10.10 for the first time."
- Working with a laptop versus a desktop computer
- Understanding the five traits almost all applications share in Mac OS X
- Printing on a Mac computer
- Setting up a scanner
- Connecting to the Internet
- Sending and receiving email
- Searching the Internet
- Importing and editing images from a digital camera
- Sharing files
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 7: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow8h 21m Appropriate for all
Mac OS X Yosemite Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 4m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Computers
2. Introduction to Operating Systems
3. Introduction to Software and Applications
4. Introduction to Computer Peripherals
5. Introduction to Networks and Getting Online
6. Introduction to Email
7. Introduction to Internet Searching
8. Introduction to Word Processing and Spreadsheets
9. Introduction to Photo and Image Management
10. Introduction to Sharing Files
What's next?1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.