Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video The Dashboard, part of Learning Mac OS X Mountain Lion.
The Dashboard is a handy tool in Mountain Lion that provides quick access to …specialized applications called widgets. These widgets provide useful information …based on the widgets that you add to the Dashboard. …Let me show you how this works. Now to access the Dashboard, there's a …shortcut key that you need to use and that shortcut key is F12. …Now if you've just tried that, you've probably noticed that it actually doesn't …work by default. Some of you, it may have worked, but by …default when you buy a new Mac this will not work.…
The reason is that by default in order to access those function keys, you need to …hold down the function key as well as the F key. …Now we do have the ability to change that however, so to do that I'm going to show you. …You'll go to the Apple menu, go to System Preferences and we're going to click on …the Keyboard Preference pane. Within the Keyboard section you'll notice …that the first check box is called use all F1 keys as standard function keys.…
When that's not checked, you need to hold down the Function key as well as the F …
- Installing Mountain Lion
- Creating and logging in to a user account
- Setting parental controls
- Customizing the Finder window toolbar
- Sharing files between users
- Browsing the web with Safari
- Sending and receiving email
- Installing applications
- Using Reminders, Notes, Messages, and the Notification Center
- Backing up and restoring files with Time Machine
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Mac OS X Mountain Lion Essential Trainingwith Christopher Breen6h Appropriate for all
iOS 6: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow7h 46m Appropriate for all
1. Exploring Mountain Lion
2. Installing Mountain Lion
3. User Accounts
4. Getting to Know the Mac OS
5. Browsing the Web with Safari
6. Sending and Receiving Email with Apple Mail
7. Useful Mountain Lion Applications
8. Major Mountain Lion New Features
9. Preparing for the Worst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.