Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Customizing the Finder window toolbar, part of Up and Running with Mac OS X Mountain Lion.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Every Finder Window contains a toolbar that contains helpful buttons that save …you time by preventing you from having to go to the menu at the top of your screen …to access some of these features. What a lot of people don't know however, …is that the toolbar can be customized to suit your particular needs. …To show you how this works I'm going to come up here to the File menu. …And I'm going to choose New Finder window. …There just open up a Default Finder window. …And the toolbar that I'm referring to is right up here. …And it appears at the top of every single Finder window.…
So, no matter how many of these Finder windows you create, you're going to …notice that each and every one has it's own toolbar that you can use. …And that makes it really easy to access. So I'm going to close these, and I'll …leave one of them open. So to customize this toolbar, you can do …a couple of different things. We can go to the View menu, and we can …choose Customize toolbar. We can also right-click on the toolbar, …
- Installing Mountain Lion
- Creating and logging in to a user account
- Setting parental controls
- Customizing the Finder window toolbar
- Sharing files between users
- Browsing the web with Safari
- Sending and receiving email
- Installing applications
- Using Reminders, Notes, Messages, and the Notification Center
- Backing up and restoring files with Time Machine
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Mac OS X Mountain Lion Essential Trainingwith Christopher Breen6h Appropriate for all
iPhone and iPod touch iOS 6 Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow7h 46m Appropriate for all
1. Exploring Mountain Lion
2. Installing Mountain Lion
3. User Accounts
4. Getting to Know the Mac OS
5. Browsing the Web with Safari
6. Sending and Receiving Email with Apple Mail
7. Useful Mountain Lion Applications
8. Major Mountain Lion New Features
9. Preparing for the Worst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.