The way your Mac computer's user interface appears is totally customziable, just as the UI on a Windows computer can be customized. In this movie, you will know how to change background colors and pictures, adjust scroll bar behavior, button and highlighting colors, as well as screensaver options, like effects, hot corners, and timing.
- [Voiceover] Here on a Mac computer, you have full access…to customizing your user interface to look and feel the way…you want it to, just as you do on a Windows PC.…We're gonna take a look at some of the settings that we…can adjust to improve the look and feel of our Mac,…and we're gonna do it with one window open.…You can see I have Safari open here.…But really what I want to do is have this open while…I access my System Preferences, so I can see some of the…things changing on the fly.…So, I'm gonna go to the top left corner here, and when I see…the arrow, click and drag this down so the window itself…just takes up a part of the screen.…
Alright.…Next, we're gonna go up to the Apple menu because that's…where we find our System Preferences.…So, give that a click.…Select System Preferences.…And this will open up another window, which we can…again move around by clicking and dragging from…the title bar.…And we're gonna focus on these first two here, General…and Desktop.…That's where we can customize our user interface, or change…
- Using the keyboard and gestures
- Exploring the desktop, Apple menu, Finder, and dock
- Finding files and folders
- Locating files with Spotlight
- Launching and quitting applications
- Task switching with Mission Control
- Transferring files from Windows to Mac
- Transferring mail and address books
- Connecting printers, cameras, and Bluetooth devices
- Getting online
- Adjusting settings in System Preferences
- Getting the best free apps from the App Store
Skill Level Intermediate
Mac OS X El Capitan Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 13m Appropriate for all
Office for Mac 2016 New Featureswith David Rivers1h 31m Beginner
1. Navigate the Mac
2. The Mac Interface
3. Work with Files and Folders
4. Search on the Mac
5. Work with Applications on the Mac
6. Moving Day
7. Hardware on the Mac
8. Get Online with Your Mac
9. Set System Preferences
10. Top 5 Free Mac Apps
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.