Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a user account, part of Learning Mac OS X Mountain Lion.
In order for multiple users to have the ability to log into the same computer, …each person needs to have a user account created for them. …Let's take a look at how to do this, and some things to consider when doing so. …So, I'm going to begin by coming up here to the Apple menu. …And I'm going to go to System Preferences and down here under the System category, …I'm going to click on the icon for Users and Groups. …And as you can see, I do have a couple of accounts that have already been created. …Now, when you first got your computer, or when you initially set up Mountain Lion, …you'll notice that you had to create an initial user account.…
And that account, by default, is an administrator account. …An administrator account is an account that allows you to pretty much do …anything to your computer that you wish, including installing software and …adjusting various configuration settings. Now what we're going to do, is we're …going to start by creating a new account. But before we do that, you need to make …
- Installing Mountain Lion
- Creating and logging in to a user account
- Setting parental controls
- Customizing the Finder window toolbar
- Sharing files between users
- Browsing the web with Safari
- Sending and receiving email
- Installing applications
- Using Reminders, Notes, Messages, and the Notification Center
- Backing up and restoring files with Time Machine
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Mac OS X Mountain Lion Essential Trainingwith Christopher Breen6h Appropriate for all
iOS 6: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow7h 46m Appropriate for all
1. Exploring Mountain Lion
2. Installing Mountain Lion
3. User Accounts
4. Getting to Know the Mac OS
5. Browsing the Web with Safari
6. Sending and Receiving Email with Apple Mail
7. Useful Mountain Lion Applications
8. Major Mountain Lion New Features
9. Preparing for the Worst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.