Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a simple data table, part of Computer Literacy for Mac.
- Let's take a look at how to create…a basic spreadsheet from scratch.…Again, I'm working in Microsoft Excel,…but everything I'm showing you here…will apply to other spreadsheet applications, as well.…I'm gonna create a new blank spreadsheet…by choosing File, New Workbook.…And I'm gonna switch this to View, Page Layout,…so it's a little easier to see what I'm doing.…And I'll just zoom in a little bit here.…So, let's say I'm trying to decide…between taking two jobs at an hourly rate.…One pays more per hour but offers slightly fewer hours…than the one that pays less.…I'll start by using the first row of columns B and C…as headers for the two job calculations.…
So, to type into a cell, just click in it and start typing.…So I'll type Job A in B1.…To move horizontally from cell to cell,…press the tab key on your keyboard.…You can go back to the left by holding shift…as you press tab.…I'll go back to C1, and I'll type Job B.…And I'll use column A to label all the rows I'm gonna need.…So I'll type Hourly Wage.…Now, pressing enter or return on your keyboard…
Note: This course was recorded on Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite. To upgrade to Yosemite before you begin, watch "Installing and running Mac OS X 10.10 for the first time."
- Working with a laptop versus a desktop computer
- Understanding the five traits almost all applications share in Mac OS X
- Printing on a Mac computer
- Setting up a scanner
- Connecting to the Internet
- Sending and receiving email
- Searching the Internet
- Importing and editing images from a digital camera
- Sharing files
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 7: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow8h 21m Appropriate for all
Mac OS X Yosemite Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 4m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Computers
2. Introduction to Operating Systems
3. Introduction to Software and Applications
4. Introduction to Computer Peripherals
5. Introduction to Networks and Getting Online
6. Introduction to Email
7. Introduction to Internet Searching
8. Introduction to Word Processing and Spreadsheets
9. Introduction to Photo and Image Management
10. Introduction to Sharing Files
What's next?1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.