Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Connecting to the Internet, part of Learning Mac OS X Mountain Lion.
Connecting to the Internet in Mountain Lion is pretty simple. …Today there are two primary methods used to gain Internet access on a computer. …The traditional method of using a physical ethernet cable is one, and the …more prevalent wireless connection is another. …Let's take a look at both methods here, so you know how to connect using both. …One last thing I'd like to explain, is that I'm going to assume that you already …have an Internet connection at the location you're using your computer. …Once that is set up, you're ready to connect.…
Now, I'm going to begin by opening up the system preferences pane. …So I'm going to go to the Apple menu and I'm going to go to System Preferences. …And then I'm going to click on the Network button under the Internet and …wireless category. This is going to show you all of the …network interfaces available on your computer. …Now, the two that we're going to focus on here is Ethernet and Wi-Fi, or Wireless. …You do have some other connection methods you can use, but the most common are …
- Installing Mountain Lion
- Creating and logging in to a user account
- Setting parental controls
- Customizing the Finder window toolbar
- Sharing files between users
- Browsing the web with Safari
- Sending and receiving email
- Installing applications
- Using Reminders, Notes, Messages, and the Notification Center
- Backing up and restoring files with Time Machine
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Mac OS X Mountain Lion Essential Trainingwith Christopher Breen6h Appropriate for all
iOS 6: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow7h 42m Appropriate for all
1. Exploring Mountain Lion
2. Installing Mountain Lion
3. User Accounts
4. Getting to Know the Mac OS
5. Browsing the Web with Safari
6. Sending and Receiving Email with Apple Mail
7. Useful Mountain Lion Applications
8. Major Mountain Lion New Features
9. Preparing for the Worst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.