Note: This course was recorded on Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite. To upgrade to Yosemite before you begin, watch "Installing and running Mac OS X 10.10 for the first time."
- Working with a laptop versus a desktop computer
- Understanding the five traits almost all applications share in Mac OS X
- Printing on a Mac computer
- Setting up a scanner
- Connecting to the Internet
- Sending and receiving email
- Searching the Internet
- Importing and editing images from a digital camera
- Sharing files
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hello, I'm Garrick Chow and welcome to Computer Literacy for the Mac. This course is aimed at the complete computer novice. So, if you're the sort of person who feels some mild anxiety, nervousness, or dread every time you sit down in front of a computer, this course is for you. We're going to present everything in easy-to-understand language, all while building your knowledge level from a foundation of the very basics. I'll be starting with the rudiments of what a computer is, and offering advice on whether you should choose a laptop or a desktop computer. From there, we'll look at how to use the operating system to open, create, save, and otherwise manage your files, applications and projects.
Then we'll look at how to connect peripheral devices like printers and scanners, as well as how to use external storage devices. We'll see how to connect to your network and get online, how to use email, how to search the Internet, and we'll even cover the basics of word processing, spreadsheets, photo editing, and sharing files. There's a lot to get through, so let's get started with Computer Literacy for the Mac.
iOS 7: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow8h 21m Appropriate for all
Mac OS X Yosemite Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 4m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Computers
2. Introduction to Operating Systems
3. Introduction to Software and Applications
4. Introduction to Computer Peripherals
5. Introduction to Networks and Getting Online
6. Introduction to Email
7. Introduction to Internet Searching
8. Introduction to Word Processing and Spreadsheets
9. Introduction to Photo and Image Management
10. Introduction to Sharing Files
What's next?1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.