Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Common obstacles in sharing files, part of Computer Literacy for Mac.
- When it comes to sharing files with other people,…there are several factors that contribute…to how easy, or in many cases, how difficult…this process actually can be.…The goal of sharing is to get a file from your computer…to another person's computer.…And the first issues that comes up…is probably the file's size.…The file size greatly influences how…you're gonna share the file.…If the file size is small, like a text document…or a couple of photos, you can most likely just attach…the files to an email and send them off.…But if you're trying to share, say, a large video…or audio file, email is probably ruled out…for all but the shortest clips,…and you're gonna have to find some other method…to transfer the file from your computer to your recipients.…
That could involve other methods of sharing…over the Internet, or perhaps using portable media…like CD-ROMs or flash drives.…And that's the second hurdle, figuring out…what sort of method or media to use in the transfer.…How many CDs do you need?…Does it make more sense to burn a dozen CDs,…
Note: This course was recorded on Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite. To upgrade to Yosemite before you begin, watch "Installing and running Mac OS X 10.10 for the first time."
- Working with a laptop versus a desktop computer
- Understanding the five traits almost all applications share in Mac OS X
- Printing on a Mac computer
- Setting up a scanner
- Connecting to the Internet
- Sending and receiving email
- Searching the Internet
- Importing and editing images from a digital camera
- Sharing files
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 7: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow8h 21m Appropriate for all
Mac OS X Yosemite Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 4m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Computers
2. Introduction to Operating Systems
3. Introduction to Software and Applications
4. Introduction to Computer Peripherals
5. Introduction to Networks and Getting Online
6. Introduction to Email
7. Introduction to Internet Searching
8. Introduction to Word Processing and Spreadsheets
9. Introduction to Photo and Image Management
10. Introduction to Sharing Files
What's next?1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.