Learn what a man page is. Learn how to read man pages in Mac OS X. Learn how to search the contents of all man pages on a system, and how to use man page output to improve administrative troubleshooting workflows. Learn how man pages can be reformatted for easier readability. Learn why the man command should be in every IT administrators toolbox.
- View Offline
- Apple Remote Desktop is a highly effective tool…for collecting information about computers.…I have an entire course on how to use…Apple Remote Desktop elsewhere,…here on the online training library.…But here, in this course, I want to show you…how to use Apple Remote Desktop to…collect information about computers.…In much the same way we did in the last movie…with the System Information,…or System Profiler capabilities.…I'm going to open up Apple Remote Desktop here.…
Once we open up Apple Remote Desktop,…you can see we have our Manage System here.…And you can do this to as many systems…at one time as you want.…I'm just doing it one at a time,…because that's what we have, here,…in the recording booth.…But if I pull down from the Report menu…to System Overview,…you can see, here, that I've got…a long list of flip-down arrows…and different categories of information…that I can pull information from.…The easiest thing to do…if you want to capture all of the information…about the computer that you're addressing,…is to simply click the checkbox next to all fields.…
- Understanding the El Capitan system requirements
- Installing and configuring El Capitan
- Protecting user data
- Performing a partial or full-system recover with Time Machine
- Installing applications
- Managing application preferences
- Monitoring the system
- Configuring security
- Directory binding
- Troubleshooting problems
- Understanding Spotlight problems and how to fix them
- Collecting system information
Skill Level Intermediate
Mac OS X Yosemite Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 4m Appropriate for all
Mac OS X El Capitan Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 13m Appropriate for all
OS X Server Essential Training: El Capitan Editionwith Sean Colins3h 24m Intermediate
1. Assessing and Planning
Get the most for your money6m 49s
2. Installing and Configuring
CoreStorage in El Capitan4m 22s
3. Protecting User Data
4. Application Management
5. System Monitoring
7. Networking and Directory Integration
8. Troubleshooting Common Problems
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.