Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Calendar, part of Up and Running with Mac OS X Mountain Lion.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
The calendar in Mountain Lion is great for staying on top of your busy schedule. …It's clean simple interface allows you to quickly add events and appointments so …you know what's happening on any given day. …I'm going to begin by launching the calendar from the dock at the bottom of …my screen, and that's going to open up this fairly simple, yet powerful, …calendar application. So, when you install Mountain Lion on …your machine, the calendar is automatically set up with a home and work calendar.…
So if you prefer, you can divide up your events and appointments into two …different categories, and then you can hide them and show them by turning on and …off these check boxes. Now the birthdays calendar is actually …created automatically. And to make sure that that shows up, you …can simply go to the calendar menu, choose Preferences, and you just want to …make sure that down here at the bottom you choose Show Birthdays Calendar. …Now, you may be wondering, well, where does it get your birthdays from? …
- Installing Mountain Lion
- Creating and logging in to a user account
- Setting parental controls
- Customizing the Finder window toolbar
- Sharing files between users
- Browsing the web with Safari
- Sending and receiving email
- Installing applications
- Using Reminders, Notes, Messages, and the Notification Center
- Backing up and restoring files with Time Machine
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Mac OS X Mountain Lion Essential Trainingwith Christopher Breen6h Appropriate for all
iPhone and iPod touch iOS 6 Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow7h 46m Appropriate for all
1. Exploring Mountain Lion
2. Installing Mountain Lion
3. User Accounts
4. Getting to Know the Mac OS
5. Browsing the Web with Safari
6. Sending and Receiving Email with Apple Mail
7. Useful Mountain Lion Applications
8. Major Mountain Lion New Features
9. Preparing for the Worst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.