Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Basic image manipulation, part of Computer Literacy for Mac.
- Many times the photos you shoot…might not come out as good looking as you might had hoped.…Maybe the picture is a little too dark or bright.…Maybe some stranger is walking through the background…or maybe there's a slight color tint to the photo.…In this movie, I'm gonna show you some basic…image editing techniques you can apply in iPhoto.…Again, you'll find many similar tools available…in other image editing programs but I'm using…iPhoto since it's most likely that it's already on your Mac.…Start by selecting the image you want to edit…and then clicking the Edit button.…This gives you a selection of quick fix tools…that can be used to quickly fix…the appearance of your photos.…
By the way, if you have access to the exercise files…this photo is available in there if you want…to port it into iPhoto and work along with me.…So, there are several things you can do here.…First of all, if the image is rotated on its side…you can click the rotate button until it's right-side up.…Now, come back to this Enhance button just a moment…
Note: This course was recorded on Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite. To upgrade to Yosemite before you begin, watch "Installing and running Mac OS X 10.10 for the first time."
- Working with a laptop versus a desktop computer
- Understanding the five traits almost all applications share in Mac OS X
- Printing on a Mac computer
- Setting up a scanner
- Connecting to the Internet
- Sending and receiving email
- Searching the Internet
- Importing and editing images from a digital camera
- Sharing files
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 7: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow8h 21m Appropriate for all
Mac OS X Yosemite Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 4m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Computers
2. Introduction to Operating Systems
3. Introduction to Software and Applications
4. Introduction to Computer Peripherals
5. Introduction to Networks and Getting Online
6. Introduction to Email
7. Introduction to Internet Searching
8. Introduction to Word Processing and Spreadsheets
9. Introduction to Photo and Image Management
10. Introduction to Sharing Files
What's next?1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.