Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Backing up with Time Machine, part of Learning Mac OS X Mountain Lion.
As we use our computers for more and more in our day-to-day lives from banking to …storing photos and documents to keeping track of household items, all of this …information is stored on our computers now. …Because of this, we as computer users, need to make sure that we prepare for the …worst and make a backup of the data on our computers. …Many people ask me, do I really need to backup my computer? …Well since a computer's hard drive is the single most point of failure on any …computer, ask yourself how important is that information if your computer were to …fail right now and you lost everything. Fortunately Mountain Lion makes this …proccess easier than its every been with an application called Time Machine.…
Time machine takes the guess work out of backing up your computer and just does it …for you. In order to use Time Machine. …You need one thing. Are you ready? …A hard drive. That's it. …So to get started. Go to the store and purchase an external …USB Firewire or Thunderbolt hard drive, at least if your computer is capable of …
- Installing Mountain Lion
- Creating and logging in to a user account
- Setting parental controls
- Customizing the Finder window toolbar
- Sharing files between users
- Browsing the web with Safari
- Sending and receiving email
- Installing applications
- Using Reminders, Notes, Messages, and the Notification Center
- Backing up and restoring files with Time Machine
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Mac OS X Mountain Lion Essential Trainingwith Christopher Breen6h Appropriate for all
iOS 6: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow7h 46m Appropriate for all
1. Exploring Mountain Lion
2. Installing Mountain Lion
3. User Accounts
4. Getting to Know the Mac OS
5. Browsing the Web with Safari
6. Sending and Receiving Email with Apple Mail
7. Useful Mountain Lion Applications
8. Major Mountain Lion New Features
9. Preparing for the Worst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.