Understand the troubleshooting process. Learn about gathering information and verifying that the problem exists. Learn how to try quick solutions. Understand how running diagnostics to report hardware conditions can help identify problems. Understand systematic fault isolation. Learn how to research problems. Learn the methods for repairing problems. Understand the importance of verifying the repair, and the benefits of informing a user of changes made.
- [Voiceover] When working with any problem,…a calm and analytical approach…will always benefit you and expedite the solution.…Troubleshooting is a science…but when applying troubleshooting,…best practice is…those around you…may not be able to control their emotions.…Certainly, you should never accept…a verbal or physical abuse…but also remember that the problem…you're trying to solve…may have caused serious distress…for the person who called you for help.…Part of being a good troubleshooter…is remembering that you are serving a person or people…while you service the technology.…
Maintaining a kind, patient…calm and friendly demeanor…is not extra credit.…It's part of the work.…Methodical troubleshooting…always consists of certain steps…which should be undertaken in the following order.…Start by gathering information about the problem…from the individual who reported it.…This should allow you to understand the problem…as the user perceives it.…Take the problem seriously…even if at first it appears the problem is with the user…
- Understanding the El Capitan system requirements
- Installing and configuring El Capitan
- Protecting user data
- Performing a partial or full-system recover with Time Machine
- Installing applications
- Managing application preferences
- Monitoring the system
- Configuring security
- Directory binding
- Troubleshooting problems
- Understanding Spotlight problems and how to fix them
- Collecting system information
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Assessing and Planning
Get the most for your money6m 49s
2. Installing and Configuring
CoreStorage in El Capitan4m 22s
3. Protecting User Data
4. Application Management
5. System Monitoring
7. Networking and Directory Integration
8. Troubleshooting Common Problems
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.