Learn the role of mobile device management (MDM) in changing the rules about application distribution. Understand how the roll of IT in application management and procurement is enhanced by MDM application distribution. Understand the rules of MDM application revocation and how systems are affected by administrator actions.
- Mobile Device Management primarily refers…to the ability to manage the settings…and behaviors of devices enrolled into…a trust-relationship with the MDM server.…A feature of current MDM offerings…with Apple technology that will save you…more time and effort, however,…is the ability to purchase and install applications…your users need to your devices,…whether those devices are iPads,…iPhones, or Macs running El Capitan.…Of particular interest to large organizations,…and I'm thinking specifically of businesses and schools here…are the purchase and deployment capabilities…that require no Apple ID from a user to install or accept.…
Before El Cap and iOS 9, MDM Solutions…could install paid and free apps pushed from the server,…but the end user was required to login to the app store…with their Apple ID to accept the apps being pushed…and if they didn't or if they failed to do so correctly,…the result could be waiting, trying again,…more waiting, troubleshooting, et cetera.…Now, with device-based assignment of apps…
- Understanding the El Capitan system requirements
- Installing and configuring El Capitan
- Protecting user data
- Performing a partial or full-system recover with Time Machine
- Installing applications
- Managing application preferences
- Monitoring the system
- Configuring security
- Directory binding
- Troubleshooting problems
- Understanding Spotlight problems and how to fix them
- Collecting system information
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Assessing and Planning
Get the most for your money6m 49s
2. Installing and Configuring
CoreStorage in El Capitan4m 22s
3. Protecting User Data
4. Application Management
5. System Monitoring
7. Networking and Directory Integration
8. Troubleshooting Common Problems
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.