Learn the resources Apple provides to system administrators. Learn about the embedded administrative assistance Apple writes and updates regularly. Learn about static vs. dynamic documentation types. Learn how to search Apple's many available resources for answers. Learn about web resources at Apple and Apple's support site. Learn how to navigate Apple help, search Apple support, and get involved in Apple discussion communities.
- View Offline
- Apple has a few really great resources…available on the web for you…that will help you with additional information…that will help you to be a better administrator.…And the first one that I want to talk about…is possibly the most obvious,…but because it's the most obvious…it's usually the one that everybody kind of…skips over and forgets about.…I know the guy who does the documentation for…OS X and OS Xs server and kind of everything else for Apple,…and he's really talented and has completely…reimagined how documentation is done in a help system.…
This stuff is great.…I have just landed here in the…Passwords, updates, and security area…where it says Protect your Mac from malware…and it explains how the System Preferences can be opened…to work within the security features set of Mac OS X,…which is one of the things…that we talked about in this course.…This is a fairly advanced topic…and its covered here in the Help System,…but its not limited to technical information…that might be related to security.…There's also stuff about using AirPlay…
- Understanding the El Capitan system requirements
- Installing and configuring El Capitan
- Protecting user data
- Performing a partial or full-system recover with Time Machine
- Installing applications
- Managing application preferences
- Monitoring the system
- Configuring security
- Directory binding
- Troubleshooting problems
- Understanding Spotlight problems and how to fix them
- Collecting system information
Skill Level Intermediate
Mac OS X Yosemite Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 4m Appropriate for all
Mac OS X El Capitan Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 13m Appropriate for all
OS X Server Essential Training: El Capitan Editionwith Sean Colins3h 24m Intermediate
1. Assessing and Planning
Get the most for your money6m 49s
2. Installing and Configuring
CoreStorage in El Capitan4m 22s
3. Protecting User Data
4. Application Management
5. System Monitoring
7. Networking and Directory Integration
8. Troubleshooting Common Problems
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.