Date and times are used in many scenarios while working on your Mac computer. When you save files, the date and time is saved along with them. When you edit your calendar, you'll want to be sure your computer's date and time are correct for reminders to work properly. In this movie, you will know how to access date and time settings, choose to have theses settings set automatically over the internet, or to manually adjust dates, times, and timezone settings.
- [Voiceover] One setting here on the Mac…that is important to have set correctly…is the date and time,…it's used in so many different ways.…Maybe you're setting up an event in your calendar,…choosing a specific day and a specific time for a meeting,…if your Mac computer's date and time…are not set up correctly…you may not be setting up that meeting…for the correct date and time.…Same thing when you save Files,…the date and time is saved with it…or backing up Files here on the Mac…that gets stored with your backup…and it's important when you go to restore…that you have the correct dates and times.…
So, let's check out that System setting…or Preference, here, on the Mac.…If you go up to the Apple Menu give it a click…and select System Preferences.…Next, we're going to go down near the bottom…where we find the Date & Time icon…and give it a click.…It's going to open up your Preferences for Date & Time…with three tabs across the top.…Date & Time should be selected, the first tab,…if not give it a click.…Now, if your computer is always connected to the internet…
- Using the keyboard and gestures
- Exploring the desktop, Apple menu, Finder, and dock
- Finding files and folders
- Locating files with Spotlight
- Launching and quitting applications
- Task switching with Mission Control
- Transferring files from Windows to Mac
- Transferring mail and address books
- Connecting printers, cameras, and Bluetooth devices
- Getting online
- Adjusting settings in System Preferences
- Getting the best free apps from the App Store
Skill Level Intermediate
Mac OS X El Capitan Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 13m Appropriate for all
Office for Mac 2016 New Featureswith David Rivers1h 31m Beginner
1. Navigate the Mac
2. The Mac Interface
3. Work with Files and Folders
4. Search on the Mac
5. Work with Applications on the Mac
6. Moving Day
7. Hardware on the Mac
8. Get Online with Your Mac
9. Set System Preferences
10. Top 5 Free Mac Apps
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.