Connecting a printer to a Mac computer is done much the same way a printer gets connected to a Windows PC. In this movie, you will know how to connect and find a USB type printer, access its options, and share it on a network. You will also know how to find other printers not connected physically into your Mac.
- [Voiceover] These days when you plug hardware…into your Mac computer,…it's going to work much the same…as it does on a Windows PC.…Especially if it's a USB device.…You plug it into the USB port…and automatically,…especially if you're connected to the internet…things will get recognized…and even installed…and ready to use…within seconds or minutes.…We're going to take a look at…different types of devices…beginning with printers…in this movie.…Which, can include printers…that have scanners and faxes…all-in-one type devices.…
Let's go to our Apple menu.…Now, I just plugged in a USB Printer.…I'm not seeing anything here on my screen.…But when I click the Apple menu,…and go to System Preferences,…and select Printers and Scanners,…you'll notice my printer is being recognized…over here on the left-hand side.…Looks like it's low on ink even.…And I see the name over here on the right.…I can open up the print queue,…check out options and supplies…for this type of printer…like the supply levels.…Your printer's probably different from mine.…
- Using the keyboard and gestures
- Exploring the desktop, Apple menu, Finder, and dock
- Finding files and folders
- Locating files with Spotlight
- Launching and quitting applications
- Task switching with Mission Control
- Transferring files from Windows to Mac
- Transferring mail and address books
- Connecting printers, cameras, and Bluetooth devices
- Getting online
- Adjusting settings in System Preferences
- Getting the best free apps from the App Store
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Navigate the Mac
2. The Mac Interface
3. Work with Files and Folders
4. Search on the Mac
5. Work with Applications on the Mac
6. Moving Day
7. Hardware on the Mac
8. Get Online with Your Mac
9. Set System Preferences
10. Top 5 Free Mac Apps
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.