Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video DNS prerequisites, part of Mac OS X Server 10.6 Snow Leopard: DNS and Network Services.
- View Offline
To complete this course, you're going to need some things to be finished before…you start each chapter.…DNS being the first in our services, we're really not going to have too many…things that are necessary in order to get this set up, but there are some things…you should be aware of.…First, you're going to need Snow Leopard Server.…You have to have the software and a computer to run it on and you probably want…to have a client set up as well, so that you can test your DNS setup between…your client and your server.…It can also be helpful to already have DNS set up on the Internet, but we'll…talk about that later on in the course.…
- Deploying, troubleshooting, and understanding OS X 10.6 DNS server
- Understanding and configuring OS X and OS X Server-based firewalls
- Fixing server- and client-side firewalls
- Configuring and troubleshooting DHCP
- Setting up and troubleshooting a VPN server