Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video DHCP prerequisites, part of Mac OS X Server 10.6 Snow Leopard: DNS and Network Services.
Here in the DHCP chapter, we're going to still need to have the Snow…Leopard Server installed.…We'll have to have the basic Snow Leopard Server set up already, but most…importantly, please make sure you're disconnected from any other network, other…than the one we are working on, in this class. I'm not kidding.…This is really, really important.…Because if you turn on your DHCP server during this chapter on an existing…network, you're going to mess stuff up for other people and we want to play…nice with others, right? Okay!…Also, it could be helpful for you to have a Snow Leopard client set up already…as well, just so you can test out your DHCP once you do get it running.…
- Deploying, troubleshooting, and understanding OS X 10.6 DNS server
- Understanding and configuring OS X and OS X Server-based firewalls
- Fixing server- and client-side firewalls
- Configuring and troubleshooting DHCP
- Setting up and troubleshooting a VPN server