Mac OS X Lion Essential Training
In this course, Macworld senior editor Christopher Breen provides a comprehensive overview of Mac OS X Lion, complete with insider tips for getting the most out of the operating system. The course shows how to configure system preferences, personalize the interface, and master gestures, as well as achieve fluency with applications such as Mail, iCal, and Preview. The course also includes tutorials on browsing the web with Safari, automating complex tasks with Automator, sharing over a network, and performing maintenance operations using the disk utility, along with timesaving techniques for using the Mac efficiently.
- Migrating to Lion
- Launching and working with applications
- Organizing workspaces with Mission Control
- Using Text-to-Speech
- Searching with Spotlight
- Backing up with Time Machine
- Configuring wireless Bluetooth input devices
- Staying current with Software Update
- Understanding the Dashboard widgets
- Filtering junk mail and sorting messages with rules in Mail
- Playing and recording media with QuickTime
- Video chatting with FaceTime
- Monitoring system performance
- Formatting, partitioning, and repairing storage devices
- Screen sharing with a remote computer
- Optimizing Security & Privacy settings
- Troubleshooting techniques
Hi! I am Chris Breen and I am here to welcome you to Mac OS X Lion Essential Training. My goal in this course is to help you understand the operating system and the bundled applications that make a Mac a Mac. We will start by customizing the interface, so that it's both an efficient work environment and nice to look at. I will provide insight into putting Lion's touch gestures to good use. I will help you make Safari the most effective web browser you've ever used. We will walk through the essential bundle of applications, organizing e-mail messages with Mail, managing contacts with Address Book, and scheduling your busy life with iCal.
And I will take you on a tour of Lions' most important settings, allowing you to completely configure your Mac. I am excited to show you what Apple's new operative system can do. Let's get started with Mac OS X Lion Essential Training.
There are currently no FAQs about Mac OS X Lion Essential Training.
Foundations of Programming: Fundamentals6,728,971 Views
The Practicing Photographer1,607,809 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)1,931,120 Views
Mac OS X Yosemite Essential Training613,554 Views
Foundations of Photography: Exposure5,545,810 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)3,249,919 Views
Muse Essential Training1,405,772 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,533,490 Views