- Identify factors that can affect the speed of your Wi-Fi connection.
- Recognize the difficulty in upgrading the processor on an iMac desktop.
- List the keys you need to press and hold to reset the PRAM.
- Identify the steps you should take to access the Application Support Folder.
- Name the program you would use to see which programs are taking up your processor power.
- Recognize which color in the Memory Pressure graph indicates that you have enough memory resources available.
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Thanks for joining me for Speeding Up and Maintaining Your Mac. It's great when you have a brand new computer fresh out of the box that runs fast and smooth. But as time goes by and as you start using more and more demanding applications, your Mac may start to run more slowly. This course is all about techniques for maintaining your Mac and identifying things that might cause it to run slowly. We'll start by identifying the components of a computer that affect speed so that you can identify your Mac's strengths and limitations.
I'll talk about some easy maintenance techniques that you can use to take care of a lot of issues with very little effort. Then we'll talk about issues that can arise with specific components on your system. I'll talk about techniques you can use to avoid problems and measures you can take to fix problems. My goal is to give you the knowledge and techniques you can use to take care of most speed-related issues on your Mac. So let's dive into Speeding Up and Maintaining Your Mac.