Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Identifying tasks that take up RAM, part of Speeding Up and Maintaining Your Mac.
- In this movie, I want to talk about determining whether…a computer is running slowly because of a RAM issue.…RAM, which is also known as memory,…is all about your computers ability…to remember tasks that are currently active.…RAM works a lot like the short term memory…in your own brain.…One or two basic tasks are pretty easy…to keep active in your brain at a time,…but if you try to remember several complicated tasks…at the same time, you're probably going to get stressed out.…The big thing to remember is that how much demand…your applications place on RAM are cumulative.…
So one complex application might not be a problem,…but two or more complex applications running…at the same time, could be a pretty big demand on your RAM.…So let's take a look at some things here on my system…and I want to start by looking at how much RAM…I have installed on this computer.…I go to the System Menu, up here in the top left,…I just click on the little apple,…and I'm going to chose About This Mac.…We've seen this before, this will give me information…
- Identify factors that can affect the speed of your Wi-Fi connection.
- Recognize the difficulty in upgrading the processor on an iMac desktop.
- List the keys you need to press and hold to reset the PRAM.
- Identify the steps you should take to access the Application Support Folder.
- Name the program you would use to see which programs are taking up your processor power.
- Recognize which color in the Memory Pressure graph indicates that you have enough memory resources available.