Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Identifying system requirements for applications, part of Speeding Up and Maintaining Your Mac.
- The best way to ensure that your Mac…is running as fast as it can is to ensure…that the software that you're running…operates within the limits of your hardware.…Another way of thinking about this is…that you should make sure your computer…meets the system requirements for any…piece of software that you want to install.…Now, first let's identify the specifications…on your computer that we're interested in.…To do that I'm gonna go to the System Menu,…by clicking on the little apple in the top-left,…and I'm gonna hit About This Mac.…On this window I can find all of the…vital information I need to know about…my computer before shopping for software.…
I can see which processor I have in my computer,…I can see how much memory or RAM is in my computer,…I can see which graphics card I have.…And the only bit of information that…I need that I don't see on this panel…is how much free space I have in my hard drive.…If you're using OX X Yosemite,…you can just go to the Storage tab up here…at the top of this window and here…
- Identify factors that can affect the speed of your Wi-Fi connection.
- Recognize the difficulty in upgrading the processor on an iMac desktop.
- List the keys you need to press and hold to reset the PRAM.
- Identify the steps you should take to access the Application Support Folder.
- Name the program you would use to see which programs are taking up your processor power.
- Recognize which color in the Memory Pressure graph indicates that you have enough memory resources available.