Join Elizabeth Haverfield for an in-depth discussion in this video Deleting an account, part of MYOB AccountRight Essential Training.
In this video, we will learn how to delete accounts.…Please note that an account can only be removed from…the Account list if the account fits the following criteria.…An account isn't a Level One account, for example, 40000 Income.…The account has a zero balance and…has been inactive for two years.…No journal entries are assigned to the account, no recurring transactions use…the account, or the account isn't linked to any other transaction types.…
Carol's Cleanings does not have any leasing arrangements,…so the Leasing Improvements Asset account can be deleted.…From within the Accounts list, click onto the Asset tab.…Look for the account 12210 Lease Improvements At Cost.…Click onto the Edit by double-clicking. Now the Edit Account screen appears.…We're going to click onto Edit from the Menu and delete the account.…We will leave all the other lease accounts at this time,…and modify them as part of our challenge exercise for this chapter.…
Click…Close to return to the Command Center.…
- Creating a company file
- Setting up tax codes
- Adding accounts
- Creating customer and supplier cards
- Performing a bank reconciliation
- Recording transactions
- Invoicing a customer
- Processing payments
- Entering and paying bills
- Recording cash sales
- Reconciling check accounts
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Where can I download MYOB software? The link shown in "Installing MYOB onto a Windows or Mac computer" has expired.
A: As of 2/18/2014, you can download the software from http://partners.myob.com/
1. Getting Started with MYOB
2. Working with the Accounts List
3. Adding Cards
4. Entering Historical Balances
5. Performing an Initial Bank Reconciliation
6. Backing Up and Restoring a Company Data File
7. Spending Money from the Cheque Account
8. Invoicing a Service Customer
9. Recording Customer Payments
10. Entering and Paying Bills
11. Receipting Cash Sales
12. Reconciling the Cheque Account
Next steps1m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.