Note: This course was designed in collaboration with author Bonnie Biafore.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Setting up budget resource costs
- Setting up rate tables
- Creating budget resources
- Entering values for budget cost and work and expense resources
- Comparing costs to budget values
- Reviewing costs
- Managing and reducing project costs
- Adding actual costs
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, my name's John Riopel, and welcome to Managing Budget-Constrained Projects with Microsoft Project. In this course, we'll learn how to create Budget Cost resources and Budget Work resources. We'll learn how to create Expense Generic resources and ultimately use Named resources in a resource substitution process. We'll create and manage a baseline, enter in actuals, and review how to build a view and table and report to manage all this information.
So now that we understand what this budget-constrained project needs, let's get started with Managing a Budget-Constrained Project with Microsoft Project.