Join Henry Santos for an in-depth discussion in this video Preparing your object, part of MODO Essential Training.
- [Instructor] In order to paint onto a 3D model,…image maps are used as wraparound virtual canvases.…MODO automatically sets the canvas for its objects…that are being painted, but there are other ways…that we can set it up so that it becomes…a little bit more efficient.…Let's take a look at that.…Right now, let's look at how MODO does it by default.…We have our mesh selected here.…I'm gonna go up to our shader tree.…I'm in the upper right corner of the screen.…
We have our shader tree there.…It's under the shader tab.…You notice we have a base material on this object.…Now let's click on the airbrush tool that's on the…left side of our screen.…All of our tools are on the left side.…We have the paint tools, airbrush, and let's start painting.…But nothing happened.…Or, did it?…If we look on the right side of our screen in…our shader tree,…we see that a diffcolor_3, a diffuse color, was created.…That is the image map that MODO places onto the object.…
If we start painting on the object, sure enough,…there it is.…If we double-click on this diff color 3 in this shader tree,…
- Building simple 3D models
- Working with primitive and preset objects
- Using deformation and duplication tools
- Subdivision (SubD) surface modeling
- Understanding replicators
- Creating a fusion model with MeshFusion
- Adding lights
- Shading with materials and UV mapping
- Painting and sculpting
- Animating your scene
- Rendering and exporting renders
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. User Interaction
2. MODO Primer: First Exposure to a Basic MODO Process
3. Building Simple 3D Models
4. Building More Complex 3D Shapes
6. Visualizing Your Scene
7. Shading with Materials and UV Mapping
8. Painting and Sculpting
9. Preparing for Animation
10. Bringing Your Scene to Life
11. Final Render and Export
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.