- [Instructor] The understanding of the center…of rotation is key.…It's also important when you wanna rotate a mesh.…So let's look at how we can work…with the center points of these meshes.…So open up a new project.…Let's go to file,…and let's choose a project.…Let's navigate to the exercises file,…and we're working in chapter three.…So now let's open a file,…file, open.…Let's open up 03_05_Centers.…
Double-click on that and there is our golf club.…So let's try to hit that golf ball with the golf club.…So I have the club selected.…I'm in item selection mode.…Now I rotate the tool,…and nothing but air.…That is my trademark golf swing.…Let's undo that so the rotation is flat.…So a quick way to reset your centers…is by going to the edit pull-down,…and midway down the list we have center to bounding box.…
So the bounding box is kind of an invisible control cage…that keeps whatever mesh that we have selected intact.…So this golf club was made up right,…so the very top of this golf club…is gonna be where we wanna set our center point.…
- Building simple 3D models
- Working with primitive and preset objects
- Using deformation and duplication tools
- Subdivision (SubD) surface modeling
- Understanding replicators
- Creating a fusion model with MeshFusion
- Adding lights
- Shading with materials and UV mapping
- Painting and sculpting
- Animating your scene
- Rendering and exporting renders
Skill Level Intermediate
1. User Interaction
2. MODO Primer: First Exposure to a Basic MODO Process
3. Building Simple 3D Models
4. Building More Complex 3D Shapes
6. Visualizing Your Scene
7. Shading with Materials and UV Mapping
8. Painting and Sculpting
9. Preparing for Animation
10. Bringing Your Scene to Life
11. Final Render and Export
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.