Creating Product Shots in MODO
MODO has found a strong niche in creating virtual product shots for use in advertising and marketing. By using MODO, you can create highly realistic shots of your products, reducing the need for product photography. In this course, Dan Ablan leads us through the workflow required to create such highly realistic 3D renders in MODO. Discover the optimal settings for modeling, sculpting, and rendering; learn how to model real-world packaging; work with UV maps, Photoshop textures, and other basic materials; and light the products effectively. Dan closes with an overview of rendering the final 3D images for print or preview.
This course was created and produced by Dan Ablan. We are honored to host these tutorials in the lynda.com library.
- Who should use MODO?
- Adjusting the workflow settings
- Using backdrops images
- Creating models with curves
- Creating materials
- Setting up basic materials in the Shader Tree
- Replicating traditional lighting setups for 3D product shots
- Rendering a 3D product shot
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Dan Ablan and this is Luxology's MODO 601 Product Shots. In this course, we're going to talk about modeling and creating 3D product shot renders. This can be used for concepts, for visualization, and for real world products. You'll learn how to model, create fur, create shading and surfacing, use real world lighting, and apply realistic cameras to render out your final image. You'll also learn how to render for print using DPI settings and create custom UV maps so that your products are mapped accurately and efficiently.
If you're ready, let's go ahead and get started Creating Product Shots in MODO 601.
Modeling for Product Visualization in MODO21,476 Views
Vue 6 xStream Essential Training166,823 Views
ZBrush 3 for Windows Essential Training288,321 Views
GMUNK's 3D-Rendered Geometric Art Series: Start to Finish11,581 Views
Sculpting Portraits in ZBrush62,772 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,676,368 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery301,789 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Advanced391,623 Views
Edge Animate Essential Training630,358 Views
iOS 8 App Development with Swift 1 Essential Training1,023,003 Views