- View Offline
- Downloading and installing Octave
- Using built-in commands
- Manipulating strings
- Defining vectors and matrices
- Defining functions
- Creating executable scripts
- Debugging your Octave code
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Curt Frye. Welcome to Up and Running with Octave. In this course, I'll show you how to use Octave to perform calculations on your data. I'll start by showing you how to download and install Octave, run the program, and get help if needed. Next, I'll show you how to use built-in commands to control Octave, assign values to variables, and perform calculations using mathematical operators and built-in functions while chapter four demonstrates how to use external data, send your Octave results to an external file, and to document and debug your scripts.
Finally, chapter five demonstrates how to plot your data using the OpenGL library which is installed along with Octave. All of these methods provide the power and flexibility you need to make good decisions for your company.