Learn how to conference, collaborate, and share screens with Lync.
- [Voiceover] Hi and welcome to Up and Running with Lync Online, I'm David Rivers. Lync Online is a productivity app that will allow you to connect with people everywhere, from your computer, tablet, or mobile device. With Lync, you get Messaging, Voice, Video, and a superb online meeting experience. Lync users can even connect to anyone on Skype. We'll begin with a quick intro to Lync for those of you who are new to Lync Online, explore how you can get Lync, and what it can be used for. Then we'll get an overview of the new or enhanced features you can expect to find in Lync 2013.
We'll get you comfortable navigating the user interface before we explore ways you can customize this new UI to better suit your individual needs. Then it's on to setting up meetings and collaboration with Lync. This will include topics from instant messaging with Lync, to creating hi-def video conferences, and sharing your desktop, applications, and even whiteboarding with Lync. Other topics to be covered include integrating Lync with other apps like Outlook, OneNote, and Skype. So, with so much to cover, let's get you Up and Running with Lync Online.
- What is Microsoft Lync?
- Finding, adding, and grouping contacts
- Starting audio and video conference calls
- Using Lync's instant messaging
- Desktop, application, and whiteboard sharing
- Recording meetings
- Using Lync contacts in Outlook
- Sharing OneNote notes in Lync
- Sharing Lync and Skype contacts